Garb schrieb:
Then I heard something about a “MAP”-file, which I am lead to assume could be the solution to all my problems – or at least the ones not related to girls or money. It appears to be some sort of cross-reference between the real-world file-names and the URIs, but I have thus far been unable to find out exactly what it looks like or how to make them.

When you use FIW, there you will find a feature called "MetaDataBrowser", I'm not sure if that will help you, but there you could enter a freesite uri, like [EMAIL PROTECTED]/fuqid/10, to see what the mapfile of the freesite contains.