Garb schrieb:
Then I heard something about a "MAP"-file, which I am lead to assume could be the solution to all my problems - or at least the ones not related to girls or money. It appears to be some sort of cross-reference between the real-world file-names and the URIs, but I have thus far been unable to find out exactly what it looks like or how to make them.

When you use FIW, there you will find a feature called "MetaDataBrowser", I'm not sure if that will help you, but there you could enter a freesite uri, like [EMAIL PROTECTED]/fuqid/10, to see what the mapfile of the freesite contains.

You are right - that certainly seems to be exactly what I am looking for (if we exclude J.Lo's private phone number...). But where is that information actually located? It is not in the HTML-source of the page. Could it be in a special file with a name that FIW can somehow deduce from the URI of the main page?

OK I will try to explain, what I have understood:
Let us take a mapfile, for example SSK[-AT-]CKesZYUJWn2GMvoif1R4SDbujIgPAgM/fuqid/10
and look into it. (Using FIW)

FIW outputs:
Time taken: 180

Version
Revision=1
EndPart
Document
Redirect.Target=freenet:CHK[-AT-]HDF~aaiE-kN4esHi7UHlaqb8wa4OAwI,UPPC82Q30Ni-ncWdLtiYBg
Name=index.html
Info.Format=text/html
EndPart
Document
Redirect.Target=freenet:CHK[-AT-]~ZzKVquUvXfnbaI5bR12wvu99-4LAwI,~QYjCzYNT6E~kVIbxF7DoA
Name=activelink.png
Info.Format=image/png
EndPart
Document
Redirect.Target=freenet:CHK[-AT-]avFnLFBKJLvl0MLrDqsLwfAbGwsUAwI,urShiYLrLx2DmIWsVvGtBw
Name=FUQID-1.3.zip
Info.Format=binary/zip-compressed
EndPart
Document
Redirect.Target=freenet:SSK[-AT-]CKesZYUJWn2GMvoif1R4SDbujIgPAgM/fuqid/11
Name=.next
Info.Format=text/html
EndPart
Document
Redirect.Target=freenet:CHK[-AT-]HDF~aaiE-kN4esHi7UHlaqb8wa4OAwI,UPPC82Q30Ni-ncWdLtiYBg
Info.Format=text/html
End

RawDataLength=0

Now I copy the content beginning with the line which contains "Version" and ending with the empty line after "End", then go to "Upload a file or NIM" in FIW enter in the Field "Key" any key (CHK[-AT-], SSK[-AT-]<priv-key>/sitename, KSK[-AT-]<any-string>) then select the radio button Raw metadata and paste into the text-area the copied text and lets upload. So you will create a freesite that has the same contents as the FUQID Freesite. You also can upload some other html-files as CHKs and replace the entries in the mapfile. In this way you can create a freesite manually.

Then you should look what happens when you enter some other keys in the URI line of the MetaDataBrowser. Some text-files, some binary files, some small (< 1KB) files, some big files (> 500KB, < 1MB) and some splitfiles.

I hope that all the questions will be answered after these small experiments.