David Masover wrote:

Michael R. Stork wrote:
[...]
| a hardware firewall and NAT. I wouldn't connect any PC direct to a
| cable/DSL line.

I would. A linux one. Or better, a BSD one. With daily updates. The
firewall really wouldn't help all that much for me, although I do use
NAT as an effective firewall for the internal network.

Ummmm, no offense, but are you just being intentionally argumentative ? My post started out by saying that I agreed with the original poster that Linux was more secure then Windows, but that since most people aren't going to take the time to hook up a linux box between their primary PC and the internet, or use Linux as their primary OS, the alternative was to use a router and to NOT hook their PC directly to a cable/DSL connection.

Mike S.