Toad schrieb:

SIX HOURS? Woah... my address gets changed at most once a month...

The longest time any of the major ISPs for DSL/Dialup allow you to have an IP is 24 hours, after that you'll get disconnected, no matter what comes, and get a new IP after reconnecting. There are some smaller ISPs that only allow between 6 and 12 hour without a forced disconnect. There are ISPs that give special offers for fixed IPs, but this costs quite some additional money and you won't get unlimited bandwith from them.

Yeah, the network needs to work pretty well for ARKs to be useful, and
anyway they operate over too long a timescale normally. Thus I never
reimplemented them for unstable.

Hmmm, but something like this would be needed.

Dyndns is mainly needed for nodes behind NATs. A solution has been
half-coded, will be completed eventually.

But it also helps with changing IPs, if I don't use a dyndns on my node it takes ages after a forced disconnect for other nodes to reconnect to mine. With dyndns it's a matter of some minutes.

Possibly. What's typical stats on stable?

The machine my nodes runs on is currently down (the IBM hard disk died), so I can't give exact numbers :-(. But from previous observations I can say that with using dyndns I had around 130 to 140 connections after around 2 hours from which 30 to 50 outgoing connections and the others incoming connections were. So my node always depended on incoming conns.

The IPs in the routing table changed quite fast and only very few of them
stayed longer then 1 day.