On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 05:48:53PM +0200, Someone wrote:
> Troed S?ngberg schrieb:
>
> >I'm myself on 8/1 ADSL with a static IP, and I just got my VDSL modem
> >in  the mail so in 1-2 weeks I should be up on ~13-20Mbit both ways ...
> >(depends on the distance to the station).
> >
> >Cost?
> >
> >?43/month.
> >
> >No traffic limits. Home servers allowed.
>
> Woa, I wish something like this would be available here. The best you can
> get
> is DSL with 3 Mbit/s down and 384 Kbit/s up without traffic limits. This
> will
> cost around 100 euro per month and home servers are not disallowed, but also
> not liked very much.

Hmm. I haven't found anything with more than 256kbps uplink, short of
SDSL here. Also the AUPs generally explicitly disallow servers used by
other people. Mine stipulates a ridiculous maximum simultaneous
connections of 10. Essentially this means if they get annoyed they can
kick you without any legal ramifications; I've never had any problems,
despite running 2-3 freenet nodes much of the time, and 1 node 90%+ of
the time.

> Of course you will have the normal 24 hour disconnect

Strange. I suppose you have different "fashions" in different countries
- one ISP realizes a new way to f*ck the customer, and then the rest
follow suit to prevent competition driving down prices! Or do you only
have one DSL ISP, by any chance?