Axel Werner writes:

ok i got it now! Was a darn birth but at least it works "quick n dirty". You

Been there, done that. :)

1st Line will extent the PATH enviroment Variable to inclusde the JAVA executables. This is why ever, NOT default in the SuSE 9.0 distribution!

Blame Sun, their RPMs are pretty awful. That's why I use jpackage.org's JRE/SDK RPMs. You'll need to rebuild them due to licensing issues, but they're much more refined that Sun's own. <plug>They also work well with with my own Freenet RPMs (available at http://nightwatch.mine.nu/freenet/)</plug>

2nd Line just changes PWD to freenet home. seems freenet and java needs that to find anything.

Java doesn't mind being in a different directory as long as freenet.jar and freenet-ext.jar are somewhere in the classpath. Freenet's default config files and startup scripts do assume that everything is in the current working directory. Of course, you can override the default paths in the configuration file and use java freenet.node.Main -p /path/to/freenet.conf to start the node.

--
 Mika Hirvonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 http://nightwatch.mine.nu/