Toad wrote:
On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 02:41:17PM +0200, Jano wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

You mean, like Freemail?

http://www.freenet.org.nz/freemail/

Freemail is an idea I like a lot but at least my windows experience has been... lacking. The alpha 20 has been there for ages... is it still under development? Is someone using it on stable?

It doesn't seem to be. I sent him an email (not a freemail) to ask about
a feature, and never got a reply. However at least we have the tarball;
it is under the GPL so it can be maintained even if he disappears. Of
course we need to store a copy of the site...

Thanks for the rest of your comments. I was more interested in an automated, a-la NIM solution, but I should have known that if NIMs aren't like that is for a reason.

Well... FreeMail is quite usefully automated. And should be reasonably
reliable as long as Freenet is working... of course freenet isn't
working well enough for FreeMail to work well...

I've seen it work almost fine for some time over unstable, but at some point something gets corrupted in the database and no progress can be made; messages don't get dispatched nor received... at least that's not freenet's fault. It was on a WinXP.

Yesterday I tried to run it in linux and didn't managed to insert my identity on stable. Too many time stuck, and the node was running great... maybe I'll try some other day.

But seriously, the concept of freemail is great... I'd say a must have application for a working freenet 1.0