Florian Streck wrote:
On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 01:30:57PM +0100, Weiliang Zhang wrote:

Saw the port 8891 in freenet.conf only today.... What are distribution servlets used for? My nodes seems to be running ok with this port firewalled.

As it seems it is used for the "Distribution Pages" (click on the link
"Spread Freenet" in the Web-Interface). This spreads a freenet-zip with
your personal seednodes. So not all people start with the same
seednodes. This should make the net better connected I think.

I have activated the distribution port and the allowHosts is the default, i.e. everyone. However, when I clicked "Spread Freenet" I got a blank page with only one line that says: "Error". Any ideas?

If the port is firewalled it just means your Distribution pages can't be accessed once they are created. It has nothing to do with the running of your node.

Florian

--
Best regards,
Weiliang Zhang