On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Toad wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 12:14:39AM -0700, Chris Linstruth wrote:
> > Couldn't retrieve key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]/GPL.txt
> > Hops To Live: 15
> >
> > Error: Route Not Found
> >
> > Attempts were made to contact 0 nodes.
> > 0 were totally unreachable.
> > 0 restarted.
> > 0 cleanly rejected.
> > 32 backed off.
> >

> Okay, the first problem is that you're only connected to 32 nodes. How
> long has your node been up? How many connections does your node have?
> http://127.0.0.1:7888/servlet/nodeinfo/networking/ocm?setMode=Connection

32.  Just started running the node yesterday.  I don't think it's going to
matter though because 5090 apparently tickles something in Apple's
Java on my machine and hard crashes OSX.  I'm trying to leave it up in
non-transient mode to help it learn about the network but it keeps
crashing.

> > This is new data to me.  What's "backed off"?
>
> Nodes tell your node how often it can send requests. When you can't send
> a request because it's not been long enough since last time, you are
> backed off.

Okay, so I have valid connections to active nodes but they're telling me
I can't have any more keys.  That's helpful.