Constantine Dokolas wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sounds like possibly an error in the config file rather than an error in
the datastore...

I'd suggest *not* using the windows configtool at any time. I've noticed
it
inserting bad character sequences into the config file.

Is that true?  I know it *used* to do that (about 2 yrs ago) but I
remember spending significant time and effort fixing it.

Do'h! Forgot to mention that it should be easy to check if that's the actual problem with a hex editor or a good text editor.

Interesting, I will try to start with a clean freenet.ini. Thought I haven't changed any setting (directly nor with the configtool) when freenet ceased to work.