Matthew Toseland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Are you on 5105 now then?

(what does the message about lines longer than 80 charicters mean??  If it means
the message is too long, that's a lousy way to communicate that)

In "About" it says 0.5.2.8, 14th march 2004.  Like I said, I tried
updating it,
and it did download some of the files, just not freenet.jar.  So
maybe it isn't
really updated as much as it says.  I think the problem probably
is a slow
connection.  It does still say something about not being able to
write to the
disk, but that is after it has been sitting there not using the
connection for
15 min.  I don't have trouble with other downloads- or even other
web
installers.  There's about 20 gig free on that partition where
freenet is
installed and from which I was running the installer.  I'll bet
people in 3rd
world would have the same problem.

What's the reason for the web installer?  Just curious.