I read on some forums that Freenet is actually a lot
faster on the unstable version.  However, I also read
that Freenet is supposed to get faster with time.

I've just started using Freenet, so I'm not sure how
long is a reasonable amount of time to wait before the
speed stablizes.  Currently, about 1 in 10 requests I
make go through and anything is returned at all.  Even
if anything is returned, it is usually painfully slow
(the pictures of the directories in the main page took
about 20-30 minutes to load fully).

If I switch to the unstable version, would the speed
be improved?  Also, I read that I need unstable.ref,
which I am unable to find in the directory of

http://www.freenetproject.org/snapshots/

Is it removed or can I just use a normal
seednodes.ref?

junbin