m0rtal frei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi there!
> Can anyone tell me what's the real difference between FreeNet and
> GrapeWine (http://www.grapevineproject.org/) ?

The general concept is similar to freenet 0.5, it even uses FEC and borrows CHKs
from it. It's in C++ and is a "from scratch" project with its own routing etc,
which sounds to me like it might use a DHT, so a better comparison might be
Entropy. It appears to still be alpha (front page : "I really believe this
software will work, and I intend to finish it one day.") There are a few other
oddities like using HTTP transports instead of just TCP.

Bob