You never experienced World War I, but I bet you know something about it.

I don't need to experience Freenet 0.7 to know what I'm talking about.  I've
said several times that in the past Freenet had two branches, the stable and
unstable.  The unstable branch was the one where active coding was performed.
The stable branch did not get updated often if at all.

My question, which has yet to be answered, is why did the Freenet project
break with the previous release model and start directing new users to the
unstable alpha 0.7 release?