Thank you for the reply.  I'm not looking to be argumentative, and acknowledge
Ian's request to take this to a different board, but must ask why the Freenet
group decide to direct new users to the new alpha 0.7 network instead of the
established 0.5 network before there was an open net?  Especially since the
0.7 network is undergoing many changes with several critical bug fixes.

I also hope you understand that there is a large number of dedicated users on
the 0.5 network that would like to try the new network, but won't if there is
no open net.