On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:25:16 -0400, you wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 August 2006 15:19, Matthew Toseland wrote:
>
> > - Don't start the updater if the wrapper is broken
>
> I have problems with this one.  I do not run the wrapper - I do want freenet
> download new stable versions and then quit.
> I have the java command that starts freenet in a loop and this suffices to
> update
> freenet with much of the wrapper's complexity.
> It worked fine.
>
> I would not object to an 'are you sure' message but to block the operation is
> not
> reasonable.  Without the wrapper its reasonable
> for someone to want freenet to download new jars and prep them for execution
> when the
> user restarts.
>
> Why do we _need_ this reduced flexibility?

A lack of response to your question I note with disdain

--
"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great
nation.  We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our

- Adolf Hitler, proposing the creation of the Gestapo in Nazi Germany.
- George Bush, Talking about the Homeland Security Act and the Patriot Act.

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become
the instruments of tyranny at home."
- James Madison, fourth president of the United States

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the
death, your right to say it. - Voltaire

"There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury,
ammo.  Use in that order." -Ed Howdershelt