On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 11:39:44AM +0000, Volodya wrote:

> Matthew Toseland wrote:
> > So this is just an "all peers are backed off frequently after the load
> > limiting changes" report?
> >
> > Or is there a definite problem with nodes not connecting or even being
> > backed off?
>
> Well, i am not sure to tell you the truth. The only thing that i was able to
> figure out is
> that the nodes back off completely since the 1010 and i have not a single one
> connected
> normally. Every once in a while i have about 15 minutes without back off, and
> that is
> about it.

# Connected: 8
# Backed off: 5

Earlier reports said that this was a periodic problem; that the whole
network would get backed off for a while, and then return to normal.

> An interesting thing is that i'm getting messages every once in a while
> saying that my
> ping time is to high... normally it's something like 15 > 3000. Now i don't
> like
> mathematics on the philosophical level, but from what i understand in the
> strictly
> non-modular arithmetic 15 is definitely not more that 3000. I was just
> interested if
> somebody put the more than sign in the place of less than somewhere in the
> code.

That's fixed in trunk. It was displaying the wrong value.

> Also it's very weird that it only started to happen after 1010 and doesn't as
> of yet go
> away, so it's not a temporary problem due to the change, but rather (imho)
> something a bit
> more serious.

Possibly. But perhaps it's just "backoff sucks". Several of the simulations
seemed to
suggest this!