On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 5:25 PM, SmallSister development
<smallsis...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> One or more of your peers says that the auto-update key is blown!
>> This means that an attacker may know the private key for the
>> auto-update system and can therefore cause your node to run code of
>> his choice (if you update)! The auto-update system has been disabled.
>> It is also possible that your peers are deliberately lying about it.
>>
>> Your node has been unable to download the revocation certificate.
>> Possible causes include an attack on your node to try to get you to
>> update despite the key being blown, or your nodes lying about the key
>> being blown. Please contact the developers or other Freenet users to
>> sort out this mess.
>
> Is this serious, someone attempting a sick joke or a developer hitting
> some wrong keys on his keyboard?
>
> Peter.

I would assume someone is running a rogue node that they edited the
code to that is exploiting the node2node fast warning system.  It was
only a matter of time before someone tried this.  If you see more than
one or if your node sees it for itself then you might worry.

--
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the
death, your right to say it. - Voltaire