Matthew Toseland a écrit :
On Monday 15 June 2009 12:58:06 dsoslglece wrote:
Hi,
for a bit more than a year, I used Freenet (discontinuously but regularly), without problems on Mac PPC Tiger. Now, I updated my old machine to an iMac-Intel, and, trying to follow the advices, downloaded the last "Freenet.jnlp", but, even if it arrived correctly on my desk, it doesn't start the install, neither automatically, nor by double-clicking it.

So, continuing to follow the instructions, and since the first steps didn't work, I went to Linux instructions, and entered in Terminal the commands how they are given to DL the new install jar.

wget http://freenet.googlecode.com/files/new_installer_offline_1222.jar -O new_installer_offline.jar
java -jar new_installer_offline.jar

It didn't work... so, I extracted the first part of it (URL) and Dlded it by hand with FireFox.

I must say that I still am a bit bepuzzled with the content of it, that doesn't seem to ressemble the sort of packages to be installed through Terminal... no file called "install" nor "istall info", giving the steps to follow… nor file in it looking somehow a bit alive (.sh, .jar, .exec...) so, I tried anyway to follow the commands given in the tut, but it didn't work either...

What exactly happened after you typed "java -jar new_installer_offline.jar" ?
What error message did you see? What version of Java do you have installed on the Mac?
Freenet needs Java 1.5 now, some versions of OS/X might have 1.4?
Next thing, since I'm on mac-Intel, I tried to install it on the xp pro side of my computer...

It downloaded OK, and installed fine (there is already i2p working fine on this xp), but now, and after few hours, it doesn't seem to be able to connect to nodes... I opened the proper holes in the router from my modem, and it didn't managed either... (I choosed *normal *at all security levels, meaning that it could connect to unknowns), and also gave momentaryly my IP (bybassing proxy)... besides this, I don't think that for this xp pro there is any firewall... have to investigate though to see if my mac Firewall works for it (really don't think so, neither LittleSnitch)...

This is very strange. If you go to Status and then to "Connections to Strangers", there are no connections?
Are there any nodes listed as "disconnected", "busy", "backed off", etc?

Can you post your wrapper.log? (File in the dir Freenet is installed into)
I must say however that I would very much prefer to have freenet installed and working on Leopard, not fearing then any virus and such problems with it... I know, if XP would get infected I would only have to reinstall it... since I don't keep much folders in it... (at the beginnig, I'd try to see if, been on Mac, it would be protected from such attacs and infections, and, just for the experiment went to a site where I new to find bugs, and... ;-) … well I had to reinstall it... so now, I'm being a bit careful.

Next thing, if I can't find proper solutions, would be to install Freenet on the linux part of my OS (there is already stealthnet on Kubuntu, working fine) and this has anyway, like mac, the Unix security level...

I'd be grateful for a little advice... thanks.

What exactly happened after you typed "java -jar new_installer_offline.jar" ? What error message did you see?

Well, here is what Terminal had to say (first DLed the file manually with FireFox at the given link, then did a cd to its place, and then entered one after the other the lines of command

iMac-de-leo:~ leo$ cd /Volumes/Perso/new_installer_offline_1222 -O new_installer_offline.jar iMac-de-leo:new_installer_offline_1222 leo$ java -jar new_installer_offline.jar
Unable to access jarfile new_installer_offline.jar
iMac-de-leo:new_installer_offline_1222 leo$

What version of Java do you have installed on the Mac? Freenet needs Java 1.5
now, some versions of OS/X might have 1.4?

My version of java is the latest (I think it is now 1.6) I verified the update a month ago, and Leopard (10.5.6) anyway gets for it the automatic update if needed.

 If you go to Status and then to "Connections to Strangers", there are no connections? Are there any nodes
listed as "disconnected", "busy", "backed off", etc?
Going now to the xp pro side of my Mac-Intel, when I open freenet (here, it is completely installed),

looking in "status/connection to strangers" shows (0/0/0/0/0/0) strangers connected to node id|XXXXXXXXXXXXX

And I couldn't see any indication of disconnected nor busy nor backed off node.
But, there is always a message at the messages page saying:

Freenet didn't succeed to determine your external IP address (or the IP address of your NAT router or firewall). You can however exchange references with other people, but it will only work if those people are not behind a NAT or a firewall. As soon as you'll be connected to someone, Freenet will be able to determine your external IP address. You can determine your self your IP address and complete your in your configuration : "present IP address". It'd be wise to open ports 26130 and 43743 (UDP) in your routers configuration to ease the connexions to your node.

There is a second message that finishes with:

......We sent 0 announces, from what 0 are still acting, and added 0 node (0 node did refuse to connect). We are actually connected to 0 seednodes et are trying to connect to 18 others.

This is a quick English translation.

Of course, the install of Freenet seems to be in a bit better condition on this part of my machine, but (even if I wish to make it work as well, just for the principle of it) I would certainly much prefer to have it working on Leopard, since I mostly use the xp for helping friends out that can't sometimes manage in doing something on their windows, or also to be able to open exe files that are unreadable on Mac otherwise).