On Friday 19 June 2009 03:30:03 Thad Guidry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have Freenet installed in Windows XP on my F:\Freenet drive.
> I want to move the installation to my C:\Freenet drive.
> I also want to shrink or change my datastore size from 100Gigs down to
> perhaps 10Gig instead, before or after the move.
> I am using Windows XP.
>
> How would I accomplish the above ?
> I have found were to change the size under Advanced, but it doesn't seem to
> shrink it yet.  Does it take time ?

It can take a significant amount of time, yes. Once the shrink has completed, I
recommend you shut down Freenet, copy the important files (freenet.ini, the
datastore directory, and anything with a number in it, except for the temp dir)
to somewhere safe, and uninstall. Then install a new node on C, shutdown the
node, delete the datastore dir and files with a number in their names, and copy
the old data over it.

> Any help with the above would be tremendous.  In doing the move, I plan to
> keep the node up 24/7.

This is why you can't just move the directory: You need the new node to still
be auto-started.