My node is about three months old.

The problem cleared up after a couple of days. But then last week it
happened again. This time I had not done an update nor a restart, the
node just suddenly lost all of it's connections. I restarted it and
ran an update but nothing helped. Again, after leaving the node off
for about two days, it connected back up in about 30 minutes after
being started.

I'll try a new seednodes.fref file next time this happens.

I thought that the seednodes file was automatically updated. Is this
not the case?

If not then every opennet node would gradually degrade as old
seednodes went away - or simply changed IP addresses. New or moved
seednodes would not be known to older nodes.

Paul