I'm trying to get Freenet running on my server.  I follow the
instructions here:

http://freenetproject.org/download.html#unix

After installation, of course I need to access the web interface over
the Internet (actually, over a VPN).  There's a link at "Read the FAQ on
how to enable web-access from a remote computer."  The link is broken,
there is in fact no such FAQ.  This is bad.

I figured out how to manually edit freenet.ini after googling up this:

http://emu.freenetproject.org/pipermail/support/2008-March/001727.html

But I still only get access as a dumb user.  I can't configure anything.
 How can I get the right to alter Freenet settings?