HI Jonathan.
I'm very new to Freenet and have the same problem. One Freenet
piece of advice told me to go to:  http://www.whatismyip.com/
That will tell you what your IP is and you then insert
(copy/paste), that URL number into the "Temporary IP address hint"
window.

I haven't done that yet myself as I am trying to uninstall Freenet
and put in the latest Build, which I think I have finally
downloaded.

Post back if you would about how that works, i.e. what it does,
results, etc, if you would be so kind.

Good luck.