Freenet 0.7.5 build 1244 is now available. This includes even more opennet
changes. It makes 1243 mandatory immediately and will itself be mandatory on
Monday. Changes:
* Limit the total number of peers in post-connect grace periods (the 5 minutes
a node has to prove itself after connecting) to half the total peers (rounded
down). In the previous build the limits for the 3 categories of connection
(announcement, reconnection and path folding) added up to the total number of
connections allowed, meaning that it was at least theoretically possible for
all of the nodes to be in grace periods, meaning that when a node's grace
period expired it would be immediately kicked out and replaced by a new node.
This could break opennet, because opennet relies on being able to choose the
least recently used (or least recently useful) node when dropping one. In
practice this should not have happened at least on most nodes because of the
anti-churn heuristics - but fixing it gives us more certainty if we tweak them,
and is more futureproof and scalable.
* One of those heuristics is that we will only drop a connected node to make
way for a new node once every 5 minutes (this used to be once every 10 minutes
until 1242). This has been observed to be the dominant factor for many nodes in
deciding when to accept connections. Up until this build this was an overall
limit, not per type. It is now a per type limit. This means that even if the
per-connection-type grace period limits aren't full (which they often are not
because this heuristic dominates and not all connections succeed), there should
be a reasonable degree of fairness between the different connection types: Path
folding, or announcements, will not monopolise the routing table at the expense
of other categories.
* Similarly, there is another heuristic that we will only drop a connected peer
after there have been 10 successful CHK requests. This  was overall and is now
per-connection-type: After 10 successful requests, we can add a peer of each
type, and whenever we do add a connection of a given type, we can't add another
node until 10 successes later. This heuristic is probably only relevant on very
slow nodes at the moment, but it could have caused some unfairness.
* Some extra stats on the stats page about opennet connections - how many are
accepted of each type etc.
* Fix changing the priority of a non-persistent download or upload, fix the
page title on the queue page when it is empty, Finnish translation update.