On Saturday 16 January 2010 07:24:43 terry wrote:
> Hi :)
> I just installed latest freenet.
> After setup I get error messages telling me to update my java. I
> updated(now 6.17) and rebooted.

It is possible it is still using the old version of Java. I suggest you remove
all versions of Java, install the latest (1.6), and then if it is still having
problems maybe reinstall Freenet from the website (the new installer has better
auto-detection).

> I also get error messages about plugins not loading.
> "The plugin ThawIndexBrowser could not be loaded: unexpected error while
> plugin loading freenet.pluginmanager.PluginNotFoundException: plugin
> cannot be loaded because your JVM is dangerously old; plugin uses XML and
> your JVM has remote code execution vulnerabilities in its XML parser"
>
> "The plugin ThawIndexBrowser could not be loaded: unexpected error while
> plugin loading freenet.pluginmanager.PluginNotFoundException: plugin
> cannot be loaded because your JVM is dangerously old; plugin uses XML and
> your JVM has remote code execution vulnerabilities in its XML parser"
> Tried loading the plugins from freenet and I think only  the library
> plugin loaded.(?)
> LIST of PLUG-INS
>
> plugins.JSTUN.JSTUN   1.1 (2)         pplugins.JSTUN.JSTUN_12916244   Fri Jan
> 15
> 22:26:40 PST 2010
>

> plugins.KeyExplorer.KeyExplorer       0.4β @custom@ (4011)
>       pplugins.KeyExplorer.KeyExplorer_23126121       Fri Jan 15 22:26:40 PST
> 2010
>

> plugins.TestGallery.TestGallery       N/A (1)
>       pplugins.TestGallery.TestGallery_14995661       Fri Jan 15 22:26:41 PST
> 2010
>

> plugins.UPnP.UPnP     1.5 @custom@ (10005)    pplugins.UPnP.UPnP_11705501
> Fri
> Jan 15 22:26:40 PST 2010
>
> Also the website said that chrome would open when freenet is started but
> on my machine FF starts. OPera is set as the default browser.
> Is there a way to bind freenet to chrome?

This should Just Work. I will forward to our Windows expert.