On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Mark <perkype...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone have a bartPE plugin available for Freenet V0.7?
>
> If no-one has done this I'm thinking of having a go. It would be really
> useful though if I could get the following information from somewhere
> (maybe this is already published somewhere, apologies if it is):
>
> 1) A list of all files and where they should be put
> 2) A list of registry entries to be made
> 3) What services need to be registered and run
> 4) Where temporary files Freenet creates should be put
>
> I'm thinking of using a machine with 2G of RAM and implement a 1G
> ramdisk, the bartPE itself will be on a read only bootable USB stick.
>
> Does anyone have a feel for how difficult this might be, or any gotchas
> I need to look out for?
>
> If I manage to get it going I'll make it available to the Freenet
> community.
>
> As an aside, I really think Freenet should create and publish their own
> official bartPE plugin, this would allow liveCDs and liveUSBs to be
> easily created that are guaranteed not to leave any footprint whatsoever
> on a host PC, especially useful for those living in oppressive regimes
> who want to leave no trace of a Freenet being run.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark.

I think this is a great idea, I look forward to testing it for you.  Many of
the answers you need can be found on one of the wikis.
http://wiki.freenetproject.org or http://new-wiki.freenetproject.org.  You
can even add info to the new wiki about your plugin project.

No registry entries need to be made, nor do any services need to be run.
The node can be run with a simple batch command, something like java -
Xmx100M <http://wiki.freenetproject.org/Xmx100M/edit> -cp
freenet-ext.jar:freenet-cvs-snapshot.jar freenet.node.Node freenet.ini

--
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death,
your right to say it. - Voltaire