> That would defeat the purpose of Freenet :b. Entirely. Imagine if
> many people started doing this -- the data wouldn't spread properly,
> and would fall off the network fast. We sacrificed latency for
> redundancy (and security) from the beginning.

i hear what you're saying.  and i don't disagree for normal clients.
but, let's pretend, that i wanted to upload ~10TB of video.  now.  i
also want it to be quickly unavailable to others fall out of other folks
data stores too soon.  so some sort of extended persistence would be
wanted in the beginning.  what do you suggest?  i suspect the answer
nothing is currently available and i must roll my own...

so, ahh, what does the persistence column exactly mean in freenet?

thanks,
eric c