On Thursday 05 August 2010 21:31:31 PJB wrote:
> Hello Freenet Support,
>
> Trying to run Freenet. Get message: "Freenet starter was unable to control
> the Freenet system
> service. Reason: Service did not respond to signal."
>
> Freenet had been running well enough, though I must say it is awfully complex
> and difficult to
> figure out.
>
> Anyway, I uninstalled and reinstalled Freenet. Same results. Won't run.
>
> Is there a solution?

Please uninstall and try the alpha installer:
http://downloads.freenetproject.org/alpha/installer/FreenetInstaller-alpha-1295.exe

Please let me know whether it works.

Plus, I'd be interested to know what you mean by "it is awfully complex and
difficult to figure out" - presumably it did work at some point, what
difficulties did you have, what was unclear, what did you get stuck on etc?