Anyone using OS X 10.6 has a Java6 available, so those are no problem.

Anyone using a 32-bit intel mac will have to upgrade to snow leopard and they
will get java6. It's $29, most mac users have already upgraded but Freenet is
not a good representation of mac users so who knows how many are still on 10.5
or even 10.4.

Anyone using a PPC mac will never get a java6, apple has not released one and
Oracle probably wont either.