Daxter :
On Jan 1, 2011, at 7:08 AM, <lukas...@centrum.cz> <lukas...@centrum.cz> wrote:
Hi,
this is how my node is connected to the network, from
http://127.0.0.1:8888/stats/ page:
----
Peer statistics

   * Connected: 2
   * Too old: 1
   * Disconnected: 12
   * Never connected: 26
   * Seed nodes: 4
   * Max peers: 40
   * Max strangers: 40

Bandwidth

   * Input Rate: 587 B/s (of 512 KiB/s)
   * Output Rate: 1.69 KiB/s (of 128 KiB/s)
   * Session Total Input: 17.1 MiB (1.61 KiB/s average)
   * Session Total Output: 24.7 MiB (2.33 KiB/s average)
   * Payload Output: 2.38 MiB (231 B/sec)(9%)
   * Global Total Input: 35.5 GiB
   * Global Total Output: 40.8 GiB
----
When i start Freenet, it take maybe one hour to be connected at least 2 nodes,
result is very, very slow connection to Freenet.

Cann please somebody help?

It really shouldn't be taking that long. Though, the past couple weeks have been pretty bad because of low-level changes to Freenet.
What OS are you using? how long have you had Freenet installed? How long has it
been since you've had stable connections?

So that we have a better idea of your problem, please run through this quick
checklist:
1. update freenet to the most recent version. it can be done by running
"update.sh" in your Freenet directory.
2. ensure that port forwarding is set up correctly (do some googling. if it
still doesn't make sense, ask)
3. If at this point it still isn't working, temporarily turn off your router
and computer firewall to see if that doesn't fix the issue.

For the sake of clear results, try to not have tons of extra stuff running
while doing all this, and be sure to restart when it might help.

 temporarily turn off your router

This I don't understand, no router = no network; what to test then?

Can confirm a software firewall can be a problem, mine still kept the FN ports closed no matter I told it otherwise. There was a link somewhere in the FN help pages pointing to a site that can test if particular ports are actually opened.

A problem when choosing a firewall app is that many only allow for applications to connect, not to open ports manually. Back then the wrapper ran as a windows service and I didn't see possibillities to allow a service internet access.