Freenet 0.7.5 build 1380 is now available. Please upgrade, this includes a lot
of work that's been brewing on master for a while. Changes include:
- Updates to most plugins. Let me know if they update successfully. Note that
mostly the updates are not compatible with older versions of fred.
- Library in particular has been updated with a new format which relies on
storing each layer's metadata in the layer above, rather than inserting a
single block with the metadata. This should significantly improve reliability
once the indexes have been rebuilt, and hopefully improve performance too. It
relies on a new function in the node (available by FCP and internally) to
insert a file and instead of returning the URI of a single block, return the
metadata, if it is less than a specific size, so that we can request multiple
blocks at once from the start and avoid reliability problems.
- Descriptions, explanations etc for bookmarks can now be translated. The part
in brackets after some bookmarks has been moved to a separate string, and
filled in for all of them, to make it easier to translate.
- New load management is merged into master, but is turned off for now, as it
needs more debugging and work on latency.
- Improvements to the binary blobs code. This will soon be used by a plugin for
moving content between disconnected darknets.
- Various small code cleanups.
- Lots of changes from an anonymous source on Frost, which have apparently been
waiting for a year for me to get around to dealing with them. Worse, I
initially committed them as coming from oo@fms rather than the anonymous
source. These are mostly small improvements in FCP and the client layer,
including max retries in fproxy, start and end time in DataFound, Global is
always set in FCP messages, more data in PersistentPut, don't guess the content
type from the Identifier, better <base href> filtering, and more. Thanks, and
sorry!

People involved:
anonymous@frost (misattributed as oo@fms)
digger3 (tmarkus)