On 01/20/2012 10:05 AM, Evan Daniel wrote:
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Yfrwlf<yfr...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 01/20/2012 07:05 AM, Dennis Nezic wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:10:39 +1300, Austin wrote:

Originally tried the JavaWebStart installer, and had problems with
disk space. Moved /usr/local to a bigger partition, then downloaded
the offline installer:
http://freenet.googlecode.com/files/new_installer_offline_1405.jar as
per the web site instructions; also the sig file
new_installer_offline_1405.jar.sig which I verified with gpg.
Then ran
        java -jar new_installer_offline.jar
All went OK until Processing step 2/15, "Setting the Updater up",
which reported "Process execution failed" and asked "Continue
Anyway?". I continued, but every step after that failed.
Cleared out the target directory and tried again, same result.
Can't find any installation log, is there one somewhere?
Grateful for any suggestions as to what to try next.
System is Debian Linux 2.6, amd64 (Intel i7 870), 8GB RAM.
Java OpenJDK 1.6.0_18

(Side note: Why isn't there a debian package for freenet yet?)

Well with the only dependency being Java I could understand why there are no
packages.  If there needed to be though it should be Zero Install so that
it's cross-distro and cross-platform.
Using Zero Install won't make it so I can "apt-get install freenet".
That needs a Debian package, hosted on the Debian repositories. The
request is for a Debian package on Debian repos, not to make it easier
to install Freenet on Debian.

Evan

Okay. Developers would love to not have to spend the time making a package for every distro and distro verison though, and running "0launch <program's url>" to download and run a program from the command line is an option, though not as simple, but hopefully after it gets a software store for ZI collections that will become an option as well.