Matthew Toseland :
On Sunday 18 Nov 2012 14:52:48 Dennis Nezic wrote:
On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 15:16:21 +0100, Jep wrote:
In my opinion, it is good for security to use a browser other than
the system default for Freenet keys, a browser without any plugins
and incapable of Flash, activeX sh** and whathaveyou.

Can there be a way implemented to have everything Freenetwise use
that secondary browser?
The fproxy could intially provide initial html code to test for the
presence of javascript / flash / java, etc, but it would only be a
bandaid solution to this broad problem. Ideally, you also don't want
the browser to be able to do dns resolution, or access anything outside
of tcp:127.0.0.1:8888. Some (weird) people might also insist on
enabling javashit, so it would probably end up requiring a zillion new
preference settings to appease each person's individual security
requirements. People working inside virtual machines that already
provide proper network-level security will also probably not want any
of this clutter.

Debatable point. If you can request and insert you can bust the target's
anonymity.
I think a separate list/project should be started to handle freenet
environments (special freenet distros, freenet VMs, freenet hardware
appliances, etc)... separate from the freenet program itself.