On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 23:53:25 -0500, Daniel Brown wrote:

> Running threads: 346/500

So, now we're getting closer to the problem. That is way too high.

> Session Total Input: 6.25 MiB (2.99 KiB/s average)
> Session Total Output: 1.44 MiB (707 B/s average)

How long was your node up for, roughly? Sounds like a short time --
which would make those 346 threads a glaring bug.

> Threads:
> Running: 33 (5)
> Running: 223 (7)

We gotta find out what those threads are. You can do that in the
Statistcs page http://localhost:8888/stats/ ... what are the top few
rows in the "Thread usage" list? Also, it would probably be very
helpful to get a thread dump with the "Generate a Thread Dump" button,
which will dump a detailed list of those 346 threads, and the current
state that they're in.