> It's possible to kludge around this error (copy all the "temporary" files
> manually to your desired install location, run NodeConfig.exe to generate a
> config, run freenet from the command line) but this is less than convenient
> and
> you would lose nice windows functionality like the system tray bunny :/

No way :(
First  time,  when  I  ran freenet.exe, it asked me to add a "path" to
flaunch.ini, that leads to javaw.exe. I did it, and now error pops:

Java virtual machine launcher
Could not find the main class. Program will exit.

I have the latest (I suppose) Java VM, 1.5.0_04, if that helps...

--
Best regards,
 m0rtal                            mailto:m0rtal.frei at gmail.com