Am Samstag, 28. Oktober 2006 17:43 schrieb Guido Winkelmann:
> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2006 22:53 schrieben Sie:
> [...]
>
> > Bizarre.
> >
> > The first time, it takes from 00:13:10 to 01:14:15 *the next day* (so
> > around 25 hours) to read half of the store. The second time it takes from
> > 01:18:04 to 03:11:33 (2 hours) to read the entire store. There's
> > something else going on here, no idea what. Does this happen often?
> > How's memory usage?
>
> The problem persists. Right now (17:30) the node is at "Reading store prior
> to shrink: 34%", the startup of the node was at 02:09 in the morning.
>
> There is nothing special running on that box (besides freenet), a few
> standard services (a webserver, a mailserver, a small postgres
> database...), but that's it. Memory usage is also pretty standard, with
> about 66 MiB of swap in use (which is nothing special fo a server machine.)
> Everything else on the machine is running normally, I don't even see any
> significant slowdown anywhere. (Even though freenet is using 99% CPU.)
>
> Anyone else got this problem?
>
>       Guido

Another follow-up:

Right now, I'm mostly unable to use freenet, because most of the times I find
my node "in the process of starting up".

This might be related:
During one of the rare occassions when my node was actually up and running, I
found it to be noticeably slower than usual (even for freenet). Bandwidth
usage was about 2 KB/sec (in+out), of 100 KB/sec allowed (about a tenth of
the usual amount). Also, the java process was still using 99% CPU constantly.

        Guido