Try running "update-java-alternatives" on a console/terminal ... The most
likely explanation is that you have GIJ/GCJ installed as well as the Sun JVM,
and your distribution is defaulting to it for some reason.

On Sunday 07 December 2008 03:16, jdaviestx at tx.rr.com wrote:
> I was just looking at the "alerts" section of my status page, and I saw
this:

> Java 1.4 no longer supported
> You are running Freenet on a 1.4 version of Java. Please upgrade to at least
java 1.5. Auto-update has been temporarily disabled as future builds may not
load at all.

> The problem is... I don't have JDK 1.4 installed.  The only version of java
I have installed is jdk1.6.0_03:

> debian:logs$ which java
> /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03/bin/java
> debian:logs$ java -version
> java version "1.6.0_03"
> Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode)
>
> I'm trying to figure out where Freenet is looking to find the JVM, but it's
not clear from the configuration page.  I can see that it kicked off with
a "wrapper-linux-x86-32" binary, but that's not a script, so I can't go into
it to see where it's looking for its JVM:

> debian:Freenet$ ps -few | grep Free
> jdavies   3097     1  0 20:42 ?
00:00:00 /home/jdavies/Freenet/./bin/wrapper-linux-x86-32
/home/jdavies/Freenet/./wrapper.conf
wrapper.syslog.ident=Freenet
wrapper.pidfile=/home/jdavies/Freenet/./Freenet.pid wrapper.daemonize=TRUE
wrapper.anchorfile=/home/jdavies/Freenet/./Freenet.anchor
wrapper.ignore_signals=TRUE wrapper.lockfile=/home/jdavies/Freenet/Freenet

> This is preventing Freenet from autoupdating:
>
> Build too old
> This node's software is older than the oldest version (Build #1188) allowed
by the newest peers we try to connect to. Please update your node as soon as
possible as you will not be able to connect to peers labeled "TOO NEW" until
you do. (Freenet may leave your node in the dust of the past if you don't
upgrade.)

> So Freenet isn't working for me until I get this resolved.  Can anybody help
me figure out where Freenet is finding this JDK 1.4?