On Friday 14 November 2008 23:21, Dennis Nezic wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 19:39:45 +0000, Matthew Toseland
> <toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
> > Freenet 0.7 build 1178 is now available.
>
> Wow! What a difference. 1178 is like a totally different program, with
> respect to both cpu and memory usage. THANK YOU! It's no longer peaking
> for minutes at a time. It's consistently low. My 15minute load average
> is below 1 now! Hurray. Memory use also seems much lower.
>
> Regarding the "not acked packets" problem, I have alrady been alerted
> about 5 peers with "severe" problems, one of which is a darknet peer. 2
> of the others are listed as CONNECTED. And the other 2 are listed as
> BACKED OFF. All of them are running 1178.
>
> Also, I should repeat ;), One of my peers (ip addresses) is CONNECTED
> to me both in opennet and darknet.

That's to be expected. We kill the connection, and purge the trackers etc, but
we can reconnect afterwards. Also, it's quite possible that those peers were
running an earlier version when they actually broke. However, it's also
possible that we still have the underlying bug... I've not made much headway
with finding it, next week we should know whether it's still active, since
1178 is mandatory on Sunday...