On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Victor Denisov  wrote:

I see it too.  I have my node installed on it's own separate disk yet
it stalls my quad-core system.  It's as if the HDD controller chip is
so swamped with disk ops that the OS and other apps are starved for
resources.  I'm seeing disk queues exceeding 500 vs the 40 my
workgroup server hits.
I also see Freenet using 2650 handles.  That twice the next highest
app which is my antivirus and 10x the average app.  Heck, even the
core Windows processes don't use more than 300-600 usually.

Any recommendations for improving performance?  Is BDB datastore any
better (more stable or less disk IO) than salted-hash?  I could try
going back to that...

- --
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the
death, your right to say it. - Voltaire
Those who would give up Liberty, to purchase temporary Safety, deserve
neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin