Hi

I tried the media email but as Im mainly having technical problems
installing getting freenet to work, I was advised by Ian to use this email
instead.

I am looking to do an independent review/experience of freenet in a blog,
however Ive tried to install it but its failed.

Ive tried it recently on a windows 7 system which didnt work (I thought
possibly because of kaspersky and windows 7 64 bit) and also today tried it
on vista a 32bit system with webroot essentials and with firefox private
browsing permanently checked.

Firstly after installing it my security package webroot essentials picked
it up as a suspect program and put in quarantine. I later restored the 3
freenet programs/app which were in there,and tried start freenet and open
freenet, but I got 'searching for freenet.exe or browse for it' and then I
tried to run the correct freenet file in the folder but I got java virtual
machine launcher and 'a java exception has occurred'. I tried two others I
thought might be correct but it still didnt work.

I then tried the 127.0.0.1:8888 instructions and firefox couldnt find
anything and that didnt work either. No system tray icon has appeared (or
rabbit icon applet) either.

I just wanted to see what this is all about (I heard about it on an talk
radio station) and then get the hell out if I dont like the look of it, but
it looks like its going to be difficult to get it to work/run at all.

Can you help/advise me here as to what Im doing wrong or as to why this
isnt installing or running properly?.

Im not an advanced computer user  (maybe intermediate just about)

Thanks
Jon