Toni Mueller wrote: > I am prepared to live with the device if I can verify that it has no > significant hardware bug (=defect), which I can't determine ATM.
Hey Toni; Having tried the initial 2008 release that came with the phone, upgraded to 2008.12 and then changed to SHR, I'd advise giving the latest iteration of SHR-testing a try. I've found it to be fairly stable and usable, although not everything is totally ironed out. I can make and receive phone calls reliably, wifi works (although the GUI app for connecting does not). GPS is reported to work, although I haven't tried very hard to get mine working - I can say it doesn't work for me in my living room, but neither does any other gps. A strong point with SHR-testing for me is the battery life. Its often still usable the next day, and suspend and un-suspend works well. The last SHR left wifi on all the time, which was a huge drain. I think you mentioned using the phone as a music player - I hear that the sound reproduction is not the greatest from the moko, that there's no bass because of a hardware issue. Its probably possible to do some compensation for this with software, but from what I understand the GTA02 will never be a high fidelity sound source like an IPod. The other issue I have with the phone is the lack of volume in the earpiece in SHR. I can converse fine at home, but in noisy environments its a problem. There's no GUI volume adjust, and changing the levels in the config files can result in echo for whoever you're talking with. Still, its better for the current SHR-testing release than for the previous one. Ben _______________________________________________ support mailing list [email protected] https://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/support
