Sean Chadwell <smchadw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found Tom Yates' pages really helpful. Start with "More fun with our
> Openmoko" (it's about 2008.9), but most of it will apply to 2008.12, as well,
> which he covers here (albeit in less detail).

Thanks, they look really useful!

>Don't waste all your time there, we're expecting the new 2009 version
>of the Openmoko distribution to arrive (well, there was a promise to
>have something last month already) at some stage.

I don't think that waiting for the next release is a good idea. I was at Sean
Moss-Pulz' talk in Bern on April 2.
In the Q&A, somebody said that his Freerunner missed incoming calls. Sean M-P
replied that this would be
fixed really soon. I asked, "When?" and Sean said, "June".

The thought of new users struggling with the old docs, which are mostly no
longer relevant, for the next
2 months is awful, don't you think? But maybe adding a pointer to Tom Yates'
pages will do for now.

Nick