I think it is actually a BUG in the script
/etc/inc/filter.inc that checks for the squid process
at boot time which will return FALSE because no
package is loaded during this time yet. See the
/etc/rc script for the loading sequence.

The /etc/rc.bootup script that initializes the pf
rules is called before executing rc.d items. Please
see the /etc/rc script.

As a solution, the "if(is_process_running("squid"))"
at line no. 1134 of the file /etc/inc/filter.inc must
be commented out.

Cheers!