On 10/13/05, Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My cable ISP allows me to obtain up to 5 IP addresses via DHCP (nope, no
> static addresses here, they cost a fortune). For the sake of having more
> control over NAT and port mappings, I'd like to be able to use more than the
> single IP address obtained by pfSense out of the box.

By chance have you tried this?  It's not really supported at the
moment but I have been reviewing some freebsd archives and it may be
possible if I do some tweaks to dhclient-script.   I need to setup a
testing environement to verify.   If you have set this up can you send
me your dhclient logs from the system logs area?

> Here's what I was thinking:
>  - Is it possible to define multiple "virtual" interfaces (not VLANs) one
> one physical one, each with its own (spoofed) MAC address? They'd then be
> configured as DHCP-Interfaces in pfSense and get their own (different IPs).

That would be ideal, but I don't think the interfaces are clonable.

> - If so, would it be possible (OK, now I'm asking a bit much here) to get
> DynDNS for each of them?

This for sure will not work.

Scott