From: Scott Ullrich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2005 18:45
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Multiplan WAN IPs on same interface via DHCP

On 10/13/05, Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My cable ISP allows me to obtain up to 5 IP addresses via DHCP (nope,
> no static addresses here, they cost a fortune). For the sake of having
> more control over NAT and port mappings, I'd like to be able to use
> more than the single IP address obtained by pfSense out of the box.

By chance have you tried this?  It's not really supported at the moment but
I have been reviewing some freebsd archives and it may be
possible if I do some tweaks to dhclient-script.   I need to setup a
testing environement to verify.   If you have set this up can you send
me your dhclient logs from the system logs area?

> Here's what I was thinking:
>  - Is it possible to define multiple "virtual" interfaces (not VLANs)
> one one physical one, each with its own (spoofed) MAC address? They'd
> then be configured as DHCP-Interfaces in pfSense and get their own
(different IPs).

That would be ideal, but I don't think the interfaces are clonable.

> - If so, would it be possible (OK, now I'm asking a bit much here) to
> get DynDNS for each of them?

This for sure will not work.

Scott