> i am trying to get a (NATed) connection to an external VPN using
> > the cisco vpn client. Unfortunately it just doesn't work -
> > no connection. I added the port 500 (isakmp) and allowed ESP to pass
> > the firewall. But I think there's more to do to get NAT-Traversal
> > to work  :-(

Got the solution.

In the vpn client connection configuration you have to choose
"IPSec over TCP" and of course "Enable Transparent Tunnel".

No custom rules, no "IPSec passthru" (that's a different approach),
no custom nat rules (only the default: nat all lan) are needed.

Thanks Bill!
Have a nice day.
Stefan.