I have a similar situation and have not been able to make this work.  I have a
dual wan policy based setup.  Wan interface is DHCP cable modem.  OPT1 is DSL
with static IPs.  I have tried setting up a port forward for ftp from
OPT1->LAN.  This have failed several ways.  What are the official steps for
setting this up.  I know Scott mentioned enabling ftpx for passive
connections.  Others have said to open other port ranges but not much details
as to which ones.  I am using wu-ftpd for the ftp server.  Currently, turning
pftpx seems to break things more than not having it.  Without it some clients
can connect and others such as wget can not.  With it on, nothing can
connect.  Even "telnet IP_ADDRESS 21" fails.  It starts to connect to the
port and then is immediately dropped.  Any help or hints would be greatly
appreciated.

Robert