do you guys think i should revert back to version 1.2 and test it?

-phil

On Oct 1, 2008, at 6:59 PM, Chris Buechler wrote:

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Tim Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Are you blocking any ICMP traffic? PMTU (MTU path discovery) relies on ICMP to automagically determine the proper MTU...

On nearly all of my installations, I'm blocking EVERYTHING including ICMP on the WAN and PMTU still works fine. Maybe you have it blocked elsewhere?

pf's state keeping allows any associated reply traffic, which includes
the requisite traffic for PMTUD.