On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 07:35,  <innocent.mayu...@pccb.go.tz> wrote:
> I have been running several tests with large downloads using DAP for the
> past few weeks.

The only concern I would have is whether you're testing one site at a
time or multiple.  Many sites I encounter have an upstream bandwidth
slower than my downstream.  Test a series of downloads from kernel.org
or a known-fast bittorrent.

> I am not only worried that i might not be geting my full capacity but also
> internally troubleshooting my LAN is made more difficult.

There are several other things that *could* be wrong, but given the
attached graph it seems pretty clear your WAN is definitely the
bottleneck.  The flat tops of your peaks pretty clearly indicate
you're maxing out at 512kb/s in both directions, with occasional
higher bursts.  Wouldn't surprise me if your ISP sold you '1Mb/s up &
down' and split it across the two.