On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Christian Borchert <ccb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried this network card in another machine (HP Core 2 Quad) and it
> works perfectly under the same test conditions.

I have limited experience with Dell servers, but I have found some of
their newer laptops (Vostro and Latitude) are absolutely atrocious for
IO, constantly stuttering mouse pointer, keyboard and sound, for no
obvious reason. This is with good hard drives, lots of RAM, page file
disabled, speedboot enabled, Windows and Linux, etc...

I have reached the conclusion that there is something terribly flawed
with the way their hardware is configured.

Sorry to be a wet blanket. I hope you find a solution to your problem. :P

db